Very Expensive Bottle – level 2
Someone stole the world’s most expensive bottle of vodka from a bar in Denmark. The police do not know if the robber broke in or used a key.
The bottle is worth $1.3 million, and people say that it is made of 3 kilogrammes of gold and 3 kilogrammes of silver. There are some diamonds on it, too.
The owner of the bar said that the bottle was not insured, and a Russian businessman loaned it.
Difficult words: break in (to get in a place which is not yours), insured (if something is stolen and it is insured, the insurance company can give you some money for it), loan (when someone lets you borrow something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.