Very expensive kebab – level 1
This news is about a kebab. You can buy it in London. It is very expensive. It costs 925 pounds. However, its creator says that it is very good.
He uses the best ingredients. These ingredients are from all over the world. He uses expensive Japanese beef. He also uses lamb and goat.
He also puts a salad on it. He puts a 25-year-old vinegar on the salad. A bottle of this vinegar costs 180 pounds.
Difficult words: creator (maker), ingredient (something which you use when you cook), lamb (meat of a young sheep).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.