Very heavy man has a problem – level 1
This story is about a man. He is very heavy. He is from China. He is 22 years old. The man weighs 300 kilograms. He eats a lot.
The man is sick. He cannot move. Doctors come to his home. They want to move him, but the man is too heavy. More people must help them.
They take the man to hospital. His condition is serious. He has problems with his kidneys.
Difficult words: sick (there is something wrong with his body), condition (situation), serious (he can die), kidneys (two organs in your lower back which clean blood).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you know any really big people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos