Very Heavy Woman – level 2
People believe that a 500-kilogram 36-year-old Egyptian woman is the heaviest woman in the world.
She needed to go to India to undergo a drastic weight reduction surgery, but her journey to India was difficult. She could not get a visa at first because she could not go in person to get it. To get from the Indian airport to hospital, a truck with a bed moved her, and then a crane lifted the bed to a window.
Difficult words: undergo (if you undergo something, it is done to you), drastic (extreme or sudden), weight reduction surgery (when doctors take fat out of your body to make you lose weight quickly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.