Very old beer in Jerusalem – level 1
This news is about beer. A brewery in Jerusalem brews a very special beer. This beer is 2,000 years old. It is a beer from Jesus’ time.
However, the beer is not very good. Jesus turns water into wine, not beer. This is perhaps the reason.
If you want to try this beer, you are out of luck. People at the brewery produce only 20 litres. They drink all of it. They are not planning to brew any more.
Difficult words: brewery (a place where people brew/make beer), reason (why something is the way it is), out of luck (the situation is bad for you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos