Very Special Wedding Dress – level 2
Shopping for a wedding dress can be both challenging and time-consuming, but there is an interesting alternative: wedding dresses made out of toilet paper.
The 12th annual toilet paper wedding dress contest took place in New York. Designers were allowed to use only toilet paper, glue, tape, needles and thread to create the dresses. The dress called “Winter Last” won the competition and a snowstorm inspired its creator.
Difficult words: annual (happening every year), thread (a long, thin piece of material used for sewing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos