Very Wooly Sheep – level 1
This news is from Australia. It is about a sheep. His name is Chris. Chris lives in the wild. People do not shear him. His wool just grows and grows.
Chris gets really big. He has 40 kilograms of wool on him. Normally, he has 4 to 5 times less wool. Chris is in danger. People must shear him. Five men make him sleep and they shear him.
Difficult words: in the wild (in nature not changed by people), shear (to cut wool).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this sheep?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos