Very Wooly Sheep – level 3
Chris, an extremely overgrown Australian sheep, set an unofficial world record after living in the wild for several years. Welfare crews warned that he was at risk of dying because he was so woolly.
National shearing champion Ian Elkins, who in 35 years of work had never seen anything like this, was urgently called by people to save the sheep. At four to five times the normal size of a regular sheep, Ian and four others sheared off more than 40 kilograms of wool. This was the heaviest wool haul from one shearing.
Chris had to be sedated for his big transformation.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.