Video Games Look Like Movies – level 2
In the past, movies and video games were two very different things. However, they are becoming more and more similar.
Both movies and video games use some similar techniques, such as motion capture. In this technique, a computer records how an actor moves and translates him into a digital character. Video games are improving this technique to make digital characters seem more realistic.
Also, movies and video games focus a lot on telling a story. It was usual only for movies; however, game designers have started to like it too. They use scenes that look like short movies, and they are not interactive. Many people feel that the main idea of video games is that they are interactive, and they are not happy that video games look more and more like movies.
Difficult words: technique (the method of doing something), digital (made from the computer), realistic (when something looks real), interactive (when a computer or a program reacts to information from its user as the user chooses what to do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos