Video Games Look Like Movies – level 3
As video games have become more realistic, and as movies have more computer graphics, the two industries have started to converge on each other.
Motion capture, the process of changing an actor´s movements and expressions onto a digital avatar, has become a common technique for movies and games alike, and video games are still continuing to advance this technology.
However, it is not just about technology. Video games and movies are becoming more intertwined when it comes to narratives or stories as well. Most games are still using non-interactive cut scenes to tell their stories. Games are supposed to be interactive, so you can usually choose where you want your character to go and what you want him to do. However, this freedom does not match with what designers want, as they want to tell a story. Several games´ critics feel that games force players to participate in a story, which robs them of their action to choose.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.