Video of Southern Lights – level 1
There are Southern Lights in New Zealand. A camera films them. People also see them in Australia, America and Europe.
The Southern Lights are like the Northern Lights. People also call them auroras. You can see them at night in the sky. They look like big lines of colours. They move. They are very pretty.
You can see them all year. You can see them really well two times a year. That is during the spring and autumn equinoxes.
Difficult words: aurora (a big line of light in the sky), equinox (when you are in the middle of a season), particle (a little bit of energy).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you seen the Southern or Northern Lights?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos