Vienna’s Christmas Markets – level 2
Vienna’s Christmas markets are famous and are now officially open to the public. One of the biggest markets with around 150 stalls is in front of the town hall.
Visitors from all over the world come to these markets to see a 26-metre high Christmas tree, to see fine detailing on the art and buildings, and to get some mulled wine.
Two tourists say that they researched what Christmas markets might be the best to visit. Vienna showed up the most often to them, so they went to visit, and now they are really happy with their choice.
Difficult words: stall (a small shop), detailing (small, decorative features), mulled wine (hot wine that has spices mixed in it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos