Vienna’s Christmas Markets – level 3
Vienna’s famous Christmas markets have officially opened to the public. One of the biggest stands right in front of the town hall and has around 150 stalls.
The 26-metre-high Christmas tree, fine detailing and traditional mulled wine made from a local grape attract visitors from all over the world.
Two Australian tourists said that they did a bit of research on what Christmas market would be the best to visit. Vienna seemed to be the place that popped up the most, and now they are really happy with their choice.
Difficult words: stall (a small shop that can be taken down or put up easily), detailing (small, decorative features on buildings or work of art), mulled wine (hot wine with spices mixed in it), pop up (show up in books or on the Internet).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.