Vietnam and Coronavirus – level 2
The Vietnamese government did a good job, and the country managed to keep the number of coronavirus cases low. However, in some places, there are new cases after nearly three months.
Last weekend, the Vietnamese government decided to evacuate about 80,000 people from the city of Da Nang. On Monday, the city reported 11 new cases, and officials worry that it could be the start of a second outbreak.
Officials want to reduce the risk of the second outbreak, and they plan to evacuate 11,000 tourists, who are mainly domestic. The plan is to evacuate the people in four days, and there will be about 100 flights between Da Nang and other Vietnamese cities every day to take these tourists home.
Researchers in the country said that there could be a new type of coronavirus, which could be more infectious.
Difficult words: evacuate (to go or to take someone to a safer place), outbreak (the start of a disease), domestic (related to the country where a person lives).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos