Vietnamese Victims – level 1
In October, British police find 39 dead people in a truck. The police also find some documents in the truck. The police believe that these people are Chinese. This does not seem to be true now. These people are probably Vietnamese.
The police use different ways to find out who the people are. They check their teeth and their fingerprints. They also look at their DNA. This is a difficult situation for the families and communities of the dead people. Therefore, the police must work carefully.
The police believe that the driver of the truck is the murderer.
Difficult words: fingerprints (a mark that stays on an object when a person touches it with their fingers and then police use it to find out who the person is), DNA (the “code” in your body that says who you are), murderer (a person who kills somebody).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.