Viktor Orbán is Hungary’s prime minister again – level 2
Hungary’s prime minister Viktor Orbán won in the national election for the fourth time consecutively, and for the fifth time altogether.
Orbán’s nationalist party was even stronger thanks to his power on the media. Also, he changed the voting system, and some people said that it made the voting unfair. His party won two-thirds of the seats in the government, which gave him a lot of power to change Hungarian politics.
Some people criticized Orbán, as he supported the Russian president Vladimir Putin. Orbán met Putin twelve times in the past, and he said that Hungary needed Russian oil and gas.
Orbán gave Ukraine no weapons to fight against Russia, and he also stopped other countries’ weapons to go through Hungary.
Difficult words: election (to vote a person for a job in politics), consecutive (in a row), nationalist (with strong belief that a country is independent).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos