Visitors Must Not Scream – level 1
People in Japan like to visit theme parks. They like dangerous rides and roller coasters. Now, many theme parks have a new rule. Visitors must not scream on rides. The reason is the coronavirus.
People sit close to each other on rides. The coronavirus moves in the air. The coronavirus can move more easily when people scream. People must stay quiet.
A theme park releases a video. In the video, two park employees ride a roller coaster. They are wearing masks. However, they stay calm during the ride. They do not scream. The theme park says that visitors can scream in their hearts.
Difficult words: theme park (a place with rides and small shops where people go to have fun), roller coaster (a ride that can look like a train, and it goes up and down in the air), release (to show some work to many people for the first time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos