Visitors Must Not Scream – level 2
A theme park in Japan released a funny video. In the video, two executives of the park are riding a roller coaster. They are wearing masks, and they stay quiet during the ride. Most people scream on rides; however, the two men stay calm.
The reason why the men did not scream is that some theme parks in Japan banned screaming. Operators of the parks believe that this rule will help stop the spread of the coronavirus. If people do not scream, the coronavirus cannot spread so easily.
The park that released the video told the visitors to scream inside their hearts.
Difficult words: executive (a person with a high position in a company), screaming (when you yell very loudly), operator (a person or company that runs a business), spread (when something goes over a large area; to go over a large area).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.