Volcano in Ecuador – level 1
Cotopaxi Volcano is in Ecuador. This volcano is active. It is also the highest volcano in Ecuador. It is 6,000 metres high.
The volcano erupts. It sends ash 2,000 metres in the air. Later, this ash falls down. It covers some towns.
The eruption is beautiful. Some people watch it.
The volcano is not dangerous, but people are watching it to make sure.
Difficult words: volcano (a mountain which sometimes erupts), erupt (to explode, to send out smoke and fire), ash (the black stuff which fire makes), eruption (when something erupts, it is an eruption).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there volcanos in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos