Waffle Factory Fire – level 3
A waffle factory in Brussels went up in smoke after a fire broke out. The blaze left a cloud of dense smoke in the air which disrupted road and rail traffic. People from nearby factories and children from a school were forced to evacuate, too.
People know that the fire originated in the cooling system of the factory, and then it quickly spread. The cause of it is not yet known, however. No injuries so far have been reported.
Difficult words: blaze (a big fire), dense (thick), disrupt (disorder, upset, make chaotic).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos