Walkway in Spain reopens – level 1
Caminito del Rey was a walkway. It was in Spain. It was on a rock wall. It was three feet wide (0.9 metres). It was 100 feet (30 metres) above the ground.
This pathway was not safe. Five people fell and died. People closed the pathway. They closed it in 2001.
People made the pathway better. It took them four years. The pathway opened on March 28th. It is safe now. You can visit it.
Difficult words: was (past of “is”), fell (past of “to fall”), made (past of “to make”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like the visit the walkway?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos