Walrus cancels fireworks – level 2
In November, people in France spotted an Arctic walrus in the sea. In early December, the animal appeared off the coast of Hampshire, UK. Last week, the walrus reached the British town of Scarborough.
Although the animal spent just a few hours in the harbor, it won the hearts of local residents and tourists. They gave him the name Thor. Thor took some time to sleep after his long adventure, and then, he got back in the water and swam away.
Local authorities canceled the New Year’s fireworks display because they feared that the event would disturb the animal.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.