War in Colombia – level 3
The Colombian president, Juan Manuel Santos, has promised to end the country’s 52-year-war with Marxist rebels, in which more than 220,000 people died and millions have been displaced over the years.
For his resolute efforts to bring the country’s civil war to an end, he won the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize. It comes after Colombians voted “no” to an agreement to be signed between Colombia and the Marxist rebels. In his speech, Juan Manuel Santos said that the prize is not for him but for all Colombians, especially the millions of victims.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.