Water on Europa – level 3
Europa is one of Jupiter’s biggest moons and one of the most promising candidates for harbouring life in the solar system. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope discovered what may be plumes of water spewing on this moon.
A planned NASA spacecraft, targeted for launch in the mid-2020s, will make more than 40 close flybys. The observations mean that future missions to Europa may be able to take samples from its ocean.
Difficult words: promising (good), harbour (be a good home to), plume (a cloud, a mass), spew (let out, force out into the air).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos