Watermelon Explosion – level 3
The Slow Mo Guys, in the real world known as Daniel Gruchy and Gavin Free, already have a bit of an online reputation, but their latest sensation is an explosion of a melon, and it has already gone viral.
They used a large firecracker to blow up the fruit as one of them sat close by only to be covered in its juice and pulp. They used a high-speed camera that films at 25,000 frames per second, so the footage first shows a bright flash of orange light before the melon bursts into several pieces.
The pair has been filming various things in slow motion, from water balloon fights to golf shots, and posting them on YouTube for the past 6 years.
Difficult words: sensation (something that is exciting for people), viral (very popular), firecracker (a loud, explosive firework), pulp (the soft part of a fruit), burst (explode).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos