Waterproof Clothes and Windows – level 1
The British are often upset by the weather. However, there is a future for waterproof clothing. The water just jumps off the cloth.
A special chemical does the jumping effect. People use this chemical in house paint. For the first time, people spray the chemical on boots and a jacket. They use dirty water for testing. It really works!
People want to make this chemical stronger. They can use it for buildings and windows. When it rains, there is no dust on the glass or the buildings. We do not need to clean the windows. Everybody likes that!
Difficult words: upset (not happy), waterproof (something waterproof does not let water in), dust (very small pieces of dirt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like some waterproof clothing or windows?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos