Waterproof Clothes and Windows – level 3
In Britain, it rains a lot and there is nothing more annoying than being caught out unprepared by the weather. Luckily, scientists from Imperial College in London are developing a new type of coating material.
Water bounces off the surface thanks to the water-repellent nanoparticles of titanium dioxide, the same chemical people use in house paint. Now for the first time ever, people have sprayed the coating onto boots and a jacket.
Dr. Colin Crick from the university said that the major challenge is making the coatings more robust, but once people do that, they can start to use them on buildings and windows.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you like some waterproof clothing or windows?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.