Waterspouts in Cuba – level 2
On Saturday, people saw many waterspouts in southern Cuba. They appeared during a bad storm. They moved onshore, destroyed homes, and left many people injured.
According to the local media, this is the first time that waterspouts happened in this area.
Thankfully, it appears that no one died, but families are still coming to terms with the damage caused by the freak storm.
Difficult words: waterspout (a rotating column/“tower” of water over the sea), to come to terms with (come to accept), freak (something which is abnormal or extremely unusual).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.