Weapons on a ship – level 1
The US Navy finds a ship in the Arabian Sea. The ship is full of guns.
Thousands of guns are inside green plastic bags. Officials do not know where the ship is coming from. They do not know where it is going. The US Navy finds similar guns on different ships in the past. These guns are for rebels in Yemen. Officials say that the ship is coming from Iran. It is a problem. Iran must not sell guns to Yemen.
A war starts in Yemen in 2014. The situation is very bad. Millions of people are starving. The US and other countries want to help. It seems that the war will last for a long time.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.