Wear Red Day – level 1
The first Friday of February is a special day in the US. It is Wear Red Day.
People wear red clothes. This makes people think about heart disease. It is a big problem for US women. One in three women dies from heart disease every year. Younger and younger women have heart disease. Experts worry about the situation.
Most people can prevent the disease. It is important to eat well and exercise. A good diet means you eat enough grains, fruit, and vegetables. It is better to drink water than drinks with sugar. Other important things are to stop smoking and relax.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.