Weather in Europe – level 3
Last week, multiple temperature records were broken in France, Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. Heatwaves like this have been deadly for Europe.
In 2003 in France alone, scorching temperatures killed thousands of people. Last week, France’s national weather authority issued its highest-level weather alert for some areas of the country – forecasters predicted dangerous temperatures between 42° and 45° Celsius.
The Italian ministry of health reported emergency levels of heat in 16 cities, and firefighters in Spain battled a huge wildfire which people think started because of the high temperatures. People are advised to take precautions like staying indoors during the hottest hours of the day.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.