Weather in USA – level 3
Last Tuesday was the fifth consecutive day of severe weather in the central states of the USA. According to one government agency, people reported more than 130 tornadoes just in five days.
The severe storms reportedly dropped more than 7.62 centimetres of rain in parts of Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma just last Tuesday. Roads in Oklahoma had to close because of the flooding, and in Missouri, two people reportedly died in a vehicular accident last Tuesday.
Difficult words: consecutive (one after another), vehicular (involving vehicles – cars/trucks), affect (make something happen from something else).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos