Wedding Haka – level 1
Haka is a dance. It is from New Zealand. People hit the floor with their feet. They shout.
They make scary faces. People perform a Haka at a wedding. It is a show for the bride and the groom. They watch the show. They are moved by it. They start to dance, too.
Difficult words: shout (to say something very loud), wedding (a situation when two people marry), bride and groom (two people that just had a wedding), be moved (to feel something strongly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Is there a traditional dance at a wedding in your country, too?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos