Wedding Party in the Water – level 2
A camera captured a funny moment in Minnesota. It showed a wedding party on a dock.
There were 22 people there and the dock was small. The dock collapsed. A couple of bridesmaids ran away, but the rest of the people were in waist-deep water.
As the guests arrived for the wedding, the wedding party was still wet.
Difficult words: party (group of people who go somewhere together), collapse (fall), bridesmaid (woman who helps the bride on her wedding day).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever fallen into water?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos