Wedding Party in the Water – level 3
In Minnesota, USA, the bride groom and the whole wedding party took the plunge into a lake at a wedding.
A video caught the moment that Dan and Jackie Anderson were dunked into a lake. They had just lined up on a dock with their groomsmen and bridesmaids for a photo shoot. This was before their wedding began.
The weight of the 22 people was too heavy, and the dock collapsed beneath them, which resulted in the whole wedding party getting soaked. Screams and laughter echoed around the lake, and some of the bridesmaids were able to dash off. The rest of the group was in waist-deep water.
The bride, groom and the whole wedding party were still drying off while the guests arrived for the wedding.
Difficult words: party (a group of people who go somewhere together), take the plunge (do something important or risky), plunge (jump or dive into water), dunk (put something into a liquid), dash off (run away).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Have you ever fallen into water?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.