Week Inside a Rock – level 3
Abraham Poincheval, an artist who specialises in endurance-testing performances, spent a whole week inside a boulder in an art gallery in Paris. People supplied him with water, soup and dried meat during his stunt.
The 12-ton limestone had a body-shaped hole inside, large enough for a person to sit in. Air entered through holes. Poincheval said that the most complicated thing was to keep himself away from a world of hallucinations.
For his previous performance, he spent 13 days inside a hollowed-out bear, and he is planning on sitting on eggs in an attempt to hatch them.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.