Weight-loss drugs – level 1
More than 40% of Americans are obese. That is 100 million people. Companies make drugs to help these people.
New drugs are for example Nova nordis SPI and Eli zip bound. Scientists are excited about them. But these drugs are very expensive. They cost more than 1,000 a month. They have side effects. It means that patients can have some other problems when whey take these drugs. Not too many people will probably buy these drugs. Companies and governments do not want to pay for these drugs.
The market is changing. Some medical firms are having problems. When people are healthy, they do not have business.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some potential challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies that produce expensive obesity drugs such as Nova nordis SPI and Eli zip bound?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.