Weight-loss drugs – level 3
With over 40% of American adults being obese, the promising market for new weight-loss drugs is attracting attention.
Analyst Rob Cyran warns that while drugs like Nova nordis SPI and Eli zip bound may revolutionize obesity treatment, their harsh side effects and high costs could slow widespread adoption. Currently, only a small percentage of the 100 million obese Americans are expected to use these drugs by the start of 2024. The expensive monthly cost, exceeding 1,000 dollars without insurance, and tightening reimbursement policies from companies and governments may impede their growth.
Despite potential challenges, investors remain optimistic, affecting various industries like packaged food, fast-food restaurants, and medical firms catering to obesity-related diseases.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What potential challenges do obesity drugs like Nova nordis SPI and Eli zip bound face despite their promising results?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.