Whale Cameras – level 1
Researchers have a new way to film whales in Antarctica. They use suction cups to put digital tags on the whales’ backs. The digital tags have a camera. They also get information on the whales.
The information tells us where the whales get their food. The researchers want to protect the whales. The cameras show us what the whales’ world looks like.
Difficult words: researcher (someone who studies something to get more information), suction cup (a thing that sticks very well onto another thing), digital tag (a small electronic thing that gets information).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.