Whale in Australia – level 3
Animal rescue workers in Australia freed a humpback whale after it got stranded in shallow water. The 12-metre whale was caught in a fishing net off Queensland, Australia on Tuesday.
Once people cut the net, the whale was able to swim free with the help of the rising tide. Scratches aside, the whale was not injured by the stressful experience.
Big whales like this one are frequent visitors to Queensland’s Moreton Bay.
Difficult words: stranded (beached, without enough water around).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.