Whales in Western Australia – level 3
A mass beaching of a short finned-pilot whale pod in Western Australia resulted in the death of over 150 whales, and despite the volunteers’ tireless efforts, only five of the animals survived.
However, the lucky five whales may not be out of the woods yet because there is a high chance of restranding. As the animals had been in an extreme situation for hours, they are quite weak and for them to be able to get outside of the off-shore reefs is hard work in itself. The wildlife authorities are on alert to monitor the surviving whales in case they beach again.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.