What fans want these days – level 1
Many fans want to have something that reminds them of their favorite actor, singer, or athlete. As times change, fans want different things.
Autographs are still the most popular things for fans. They can cost between 20 to 200,000 dollars. It depends on how famous the person is. It can be a very good business for famous people.
These days, fans prefer something personal. They want to share it on social media. Autographs are less interesting for young people.
People now can buy a short video with a celebrity. The short video is called a cameo. The celebrity speaks only to the person who buys the video. It is not possible to sell the video.
On one website, people can choose videos from more than 50,000 celebrities.
Difficult words: remind (to make someone remember something), autograph (when a famous person writes his name on a photo, piece of clothes, or other things, and gives or sells it to somebody), celebrity (a famous person, usually in film, music, or sport).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.