What is Web3 – level 1
Web3 is a new decentralized Internet. Decentralized means it doesn’t have one company or organization that controls it. Instead many computers control it. A technology called blockchains connects the computers.
Some people like Web3. They spend money to make special apps. They run on blockchains. Other people can’t turn them off. People can control their information.
Other people don’t like Web3. They say that it is only an idea. They say that people will still need servers at big companies. They say that no rules can create problems.
Also, blockchains need a lot of power. This can hurt nature.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.