What is Web3 – level 2
Web3 is a new decentralized Internet. Instead of a few technology companies that run the Internet, it will use blockchain technology. Blockchains use a network of many computers to control different things.
People like Web3 and are spending money to make special apps called “dapps” or decentralized apps. The apps run on blockchains instead of large computers at one large company. Then they can’t be shut down, and “dapp” users own their data.
Some people say that Web3 is not very important, people will still need companies and their large computers to control programs, and no rules or laws can make problems. Also, blockchains need a lot of power, which can hurt the environment.
Difficult words: decentralized (without a government, organization, or company), blockchain (a special technology which many computers control), network (a series of many things that are connected).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos