What is Web3 – level 3
Web3 is decentralized Internet. Instead of a few technology companies running the Internet, it will use blockchain technology. Many computers control blockchains instead of one company.
Investors like Web3 and thus are investing in the development of “gaps” also called “dapps” or decentralized apps. The apps run on blockchains instead of servers at one large company. Thus they cannot be shut down, and “dapp” users own their data.
Web3’s critics say Web3 is a buzzword, people will still need servers, and the lack of laws and rules will create problems. Also, blockchains need a lot of power which can negatively impact the environment.
Difficult words: decentralized (in many places; without a government or a large company), server (a powerful computer that helps run a website or store a lot of information), buzzword (a popular idea and something that is temporary).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.