What to Do in a Terror Attack – level 2
French authorities published video instructions on what to do in the event of a terror attack. In November 2015, the terror attacks in France injured hundreds of people and killed 130 people.
The video says that your first reaction should be to escape, to help others and to warn people of the danger. If you cannot escape, the video shows you how to protect yourself by hiding. The video also shows how to give first aid.
Difficult words: authorities (the people in charge of a place), escape (to run away), first aid (medical help before medical workers arrive).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these instructions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos