WhatsApp Hack – level 2
Facebook says, that an Israeli company, NSO Group, hacked 1,400 WhatsApp users. The people it hacked were mainly journalists, activists, and politicians.
Facebook, which owns WhatsApp, also says that NSO used its own software to read people´s messages. Facebook asked its users to update their application which makes it more difficult for hackers to get in their phones. Currently, Facebook is taking legalaction against NSO.
NSO does not agree with what Facebook says. It says that it gives technologies to government and law agencies to help fight terrorism and crime.
Difficult words: hack (to get to somebody´s phone or computer and steal some data), activist (a person who is not in the government but who works to make change in the government), legalaction (when a person or a company takes someone to court to get help with a problem), law (the rules of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.