WhatsApp in India – level 3
WhatsApp has sued India’s government over a new law because it violates privacy rights written in India’s Constitution.
The new law requires social media companies to identify message senders. WhatsApp says it cannot do it because it would have to decode information about those who send messages and those who receive them.
WhatsApp, Facebook and other tech giants have all invested heavily in India, but now they worry that heavy regulation by India’s Prime Minister could jeopardize those investments.
WhatsApp currently has nearly 400 million users in the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.