When will Ukraine join NATO? – level 1
NATO will ask Ukraine to join the alliance. But only if everyone agrees. Also, Ukraine must do certain things.
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says this at a meeting in Vilnius, Lithuania. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy is not happy. He says that NATO does not give a time for joining. He cannot believe it.
Stoltenberg says that NATO supports Ukraine strongly. Other countries which join NATO before also do not have time. But they must meet some conditions. Ukraine will join when it meets the conditions. And when all member countries agree with it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures must Ukraine take in order to meet the conditions for joining NATO?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.