When will Ukraine join NATO? – level 2
NATO plans to invite Ukraine to join the military alliance. But it will happen only when all members agree and Ukraine meets certain conditions.
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said this during a news conference at a NATO summit in Vilnius, Lithuania. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy criticized NATO. He said that NATO didn’t give a specific timeframe for membership, which, he said, was absurd.
Stoltenberg said that NATO’s support for Ukraine’s membership was never stronger. He explained that previous countries which wanted to join NATO didn’t have a specific timeframe but they had conditions to meet. Membership will happen when Ukraine fulfills the conditions and all member countries agree.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What conditions must Ukraine fulfill to become a NATO member?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.